Rechercher dans ce blog

Sunday, July 18, 2021

Jayli Wolf, one half of acclaimed duo Once a Tree, shares five tracks from GTA artists who move with music - Toronto Star

Doomsday cult survivor. Activist. Television actress. Filmmaker. Musician. Jayli Wolf has a truly impressive CV — now, the Indigenous artist is adding “solo alt-pop singer-songwriter-producer” to her already-packed resumé with the release of “Wild Whisper,” her debut EP.

Reception has been rapturous, including being tapped by Apple as their Up Next artist this month.

“I feel most like myself when I am making music; I feel connected,” Wolf says. “Making music feels like going home to me.”

Wolf wrote the songs to help spur her healing around issues like the Sixties Scoop, escaping the Jehovah’s Witnesses, and childhood guilt stemming from her queerness.

“The songs are deeply personal and a lot more cinematic than the tracks I have made prior. Deciding whether or not to put it out into the world [was hard], but [I was surprised at] how cathartic it was. I learned so much about myself through writing this music. I was able to offer forgiveness toward others and even to myself, once I put it all into song.”

Here, Wolf gifts us five tracks, including her own, you need to hear.

“Child of the Government,” Jayli Wolf

“[The songs on this album are] moody, dark, and genre-bending.”

“Peak (Fed Up),” RAAHiiM

“RAAHiiM’s voice is otherworldly; I’ve never heard anything so smooth. I feel transported when I hear this song. It breaks my heart and puts it back together at the same time.”

“Get Back,” Wolf Saga

“Wolf Saga is an amazing Indigenous artist who I look way up to. This track has this smooth-retro vibe that I love to listen to while I am getting ready.”

“Stay Alive,” Mustafa

“Mustafa is a true artist. This song just hits me; it’s beautiful. I love the way he tells a story in his songs.”

“Love Enough,” Julian Taylor

“Another talented Indigenous artist I discovered recently: his music is so full! This is such a sweet song that makes me just wanna dance.”

Adblock test (Why?)


Jayli Wolf, one half of acclaimed duo Once a Tree, shares five tracks from GTA artists who move with music - Toronto Star
Read More

No comments:

Post a Comment

Take Five: The last surviving dove - Financial Post

Breadcrumb Trail Links PMN Technology PMN Business Author of the article: Article content Of all the central banks which unt...