Rechercher dans ce blog

Wednesday, August 18, 2021

Gymnastics Welcomes Five for 2022 Season - George Washington University - Official Athletic Site

WASHINGTON - GW gymnastics will welcome five first-years to the program for the 2022 season, Head Coach Margie Foster-Cunningham has announced. 

Rachel Katz, Gabby Lopez, Madison Steskal, Marlee York and Sarah Zois will join the veteran group, led by co-captains Deja Chambliss and Olivia Zona

Rachel Katz 
Atlanta, Ga. 
Providence High School / Perfect Balance Training Center 

High School/Club: Team Captain in 2021 … Level 10 State Qualifier (2018-2021) … Level 10 Regional Qualifier (2018 & 2019) … Level 10 State Vault silver medalist (2018 & 2019) … 2019 PBTC Gymnast of the Year … Level 9 State Vault and Uneven Bars bronze medalist … Level 9 Regional Vault Champion and Uneven Bars bronze medalist … Level 9 Eastern Nationals Vault bronze medalist … Member of the Student Council (2018-2021). 

Rachel on choosing GW: "From the moment that I stepped foot in the gym, the team welcomed me and treated me like one of their own. The team had values aligned with mine, such as putting academics first, commitment to working hard for the team and myself and being intentional in all that I do."

"College gymnastics has been a dream of mine for a while. The relationships that I'll be building in the first semester at GW will be the most fulfilling. I know GW is home to some special people, and I am very excited to find my family away from home."

Gabby Lopez 
San Antonio, Texas
O'Connor High School / Mavericks Gymnastics 

High School/Club: Competed for Mavericks Gymnastics … 2017 & 2019 J.O. National Qualifier … Member of the National Honor Society.

Gabby on choosing GW: "I chose GW because it felt like it was more than just a sport to the team. It was something that created a family and gave everyone a special bond with one another. I am looking forward to being in such a supportive environment." 

Madison Steskal 
Chicago, Ill.
Elgin High School / Midwest Elite Gymnastics Academy 

High School: Team Captain (2020, 2019, 2018) … 2019 MEGA-tude Award … 2018 Level 9 State Champion (UB) … 2018 Level 9 Regionals Champion (V) and Easterns Champion (V) … 2018 & 2017 MEGA MVP Award recipient … 2017 Level 8 State Champion (AA & UB) … Top-five performances in all events and the all-around at 2017 Level 8 Regionals … 2021 Illinois State Scholar …  2018 Rotary of Elgin Academic Award winner … Member of the National Honor Society. 

Madison on choosing GW: "I chose GW because of the team's culture. I know that GW gymnastics will push me to be the best athlete and person I am capable of being and that I'll have amazing people to help get me there." 

Marlee York 
Chandler, Ariz.
Hamilton High School / Arizona Dynamics

High School: Three-time regional qualifier with Arizona Dynamics club team … National Qualifier … Graduated Summa Cum Laude from Hamilton High School. 

Marlee on choosing GW: "I chose GW because of the amazing opportunities in D.C. I am looking forward to being part of a team with such hardworking and focused individuals." 

Sarah Zois
Annapolis, Md. 
Elizabeth Seton High School / Docksiders Gymnastics 

High School: 2019 Alternate Level 10 Nationals … 2018 Level 9 State All-Around Champion … Level 9 Easterns Alternate in 2018 & 2017 .. Honor Roll student (2018, 2019, 2021). 

Sarah on choosing GW: "GW has a great gymnastics program that offers opportunities in academics and professional internships that will help lead to a great future. As an incoming freshman, the current team members really go out of their way to get to know us. It makes me feel like I'm part of a great team even before arriving on campus." 
 

Print Friendly Version

Adblock test (Why?)


Gymnastics Welcomes Five for 2022 Season - George Washington University - Official Athletic Site
Read More

No comments:

Post a Comment

Take Five: The last surviving dove - Financial Post

Breadcrumb Trail Links PMN Technology PMN Business Author of the article: Article content Of all the central banks which unt...